Tabs

Saturday, July 14, 2018

i Dollie and me


Introducing ....i dollie.
i Dollie is 61 years old, as am I. When I was born, my grandmother,
"Little Gran",(not to be confused with "Big Gran"),
 purchased this doll from a blind Doll Maker. 
We bonded immediately. 








When I began to talk, I tried to call her "my Dollie" but the "M" remains silent.
Hence...she became "i Dollie". The name stuck.

Clearly, I have loved off her face a few times. I've been told that I was traumatized when
 i Dollie got a new face transplant, courtesy of my mom. 
But I got over it and quickly embraced her new look. That face is just about gone.
 You can see where I have clearly kissed off her mouth. 
(Mom didn't dare try another face replacement.) 


Her eyelashes are almost nonexistent (as are mine) and my lips are disappearing, too. 
She has endured 2 hair replacements.
 (I still have some of the spare 'hair yarn' in my sewing box...just in case.) 
She has endured two skin grafts with new striped fabric on her legs. 
I know she's got her original red and white leg skin still under there, somewhere.

 We both embrace our leg wrinkles, our fading facial features and our long-gone plump lips.

We've been through a lot together. And we've got a long way to go!

1 comment:

  1. Just wonderful in every way Libby, so glad you posted it! ♥

    ReplyDelete