Tabs

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Best of Dinner@8


I am thrilled and honored to have my art quilt, Clan of Misfits
accepted into the "Best of Dinner@8" quilt exhibition debuting Houston 
this November at the International Quilt Festival.
This is the 10th and final exhibit of "Dinner@8", 
an amazing exhibit curated by Jamie Fingal and Leslie Jennison. 

My work begins with dozens of empty, and used tea bags, 
most specifically from Celestial Seasonings. I use hand-painted papers and 
fabrics to create collages on each bag. Machine sewing and hand stitching add detail. 
The bags are then arranged on a background and appliquéd with more stitching. 
This piece measures 30''X50".

Thank you Leslie and Jamie for curating this amazing exhibit and accepting my work.








1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I would love to take your class Tea Bag Revival at Art&Soul in Va., but unfortunately I won’t be able to. Do you know if this class might be added to the Portland retreat in March, or do you teach it anywhere else? Thanks so much. Deb

    ReplyDelete