Tabs

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Fractured Circles

I was hugely honored when my art quilt, "Fractured Circles"
was accepted into the SAQA Cal/Nev 
combined regional exhibit, "ART QUILTS". 
The show opened in Santa Monica, CA at the historic California Heritage Museum 
on December 8, 2017 and then traveled to 
the Carnegie Arts Center in Turlock, CA where the show opened on April 19th. 
I was able to attend both openings are celebrated with an amazing group of artists.

My piece measures 24" X 27" and is constructed with 36 used Tea Bags which were dried and emptied, and then collaged with hand-painted papers and fabrics before adding both machine and hand stitching. 




Three generations. Mom, daughter Katie, and me trekked up to Santa Monica to see the show 
but the museum was CLOSED! Of course I checked the website before we left; 
the calendar showed that the museum was opened that day. 
(Wrong.) Closed for the holidays. 
2 1/2 hours round trip in LA traffic. But we got to see the sign!





At the opening at The Carnegie Arts Center with Deb Cashatt and Kris Sazaki.



A joyful event.
And my quilt sold on opening night. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment