Tabs

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Apron for Sallianne

August 22, 2016

Apron for Sallianne


My friend, Sallianne McClelland, who owns the fabulous International 'Art Is You' retreats, lives in Australia and is soliciting handmade art aprons for her Apron Project, which supports The Hornsby Kuringgai Women's Shelter in St. Ives, NSW Australia. 



I made a canvas apron and began covering it with loads and loads of hand stitched 
and painted pockets.


Each pocket represented a potted succulent or flowering plant.


Some of the pockets had the roots of the plants deep inside the pockets.


I used my hand painted fabrics and free motion stitching and appliqué to create all of the images.
I felt humbled and grateful to be able to contribute to this worthy cause.
Visit "TheApronProject.com" for more information.

1 comment: